- Our Business
- Information We Collect
- How We Collect Information
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- How We Hold Information and Keep it Secure
- Disclosure of Information Overseas
- Access & Correction of Information About You
- Privacy Complaints and Further Information
Vii is an Australian company.
1. programs and services that we operate on behalf of our corporate clients, such as:
- gift card services solutions;
- digital gift card warehouse solutions;
- retail loyalty programs (such as store loyalty programs);
2. on-line retail gift cards, ordered or purchased by our customers;
3. on-line corporate gift cards, order and purchased by our corporate customers.
Where we refer to programs and services that we operate on behalf of our corporate clients (listed in point 1. above) we will use the term 'Programs'.
Where we refer to any or all of the products and services that comprise our business listed above we will use the term 'Products and Services'.
Information We Collect
The types of personal information that we collect about you will depend on our relationship with you and the circumstances of collection. The personal information may include:
- your name, date of birth, contact details and answer to a security question (for example, mother's maiden name);
- order delivery details and any associated payment details (such as credit/debit card number and expiry date) provided in connection with the order or purchase of gift cards;
- any preferences you may have relating to what information we give you about the Products and Services and how we communicate with you;
- any other preferences you provide us, such as likes and dislikes.
How We Collect Information
We may collect personal information about you when you place an order for or purchase gift cards from us, create an account to use our Products and Services, otherwise register to be part of and participate in one of the Programs, register to receive our communications, visit our websites, complete one of our surveys or otherwise interact with us.
As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from others, including:
- our corporate clients when they provide information about employees, members or customers who participate in their Programs;
- third parties engaged by our corporate clients to assist them in administering and delivering their Programs;
- people who place orders for, or purchase, goods, services and gift cards on your behalf;
- our corporate clients; and
- our service providers, including data processors and email service providers.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and administer our Products and Services, including:
- verifying your identity;
- contacting you about your orders, purchases and online account;
- processing orders;
- processing payments;
- training our staff;
- testing our systems; and
- managing your interaction with our suppliers.
- To facilitate your participation in the Programs, any competitions and other benefits offered on behalf of our corporate clients.
- To personalise your online and in-store experience (including your shopping experience).
- To distribute communications in relation to the Products and Services either ourselves or with the assistance of third party services providers.
- For customer support, including managing online accounts through the customer service centre and responding to enquiries or requests.
- For Program reporting to our corporate clients.
- For user trend analysis and reporting.
- To conduct marketing activities in relation to the Products and Services.
- To conduct market and other research to improve our Products and Services and the marketing activities.
- To maintain records and comply with our legal obligations.
- Provide services in the course of investigating a complaint or a security incident.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to our suppliers and third parties that perform services for us and for our corporate clients in connection with the Products and Services, including those who:
- provide you with, or facilitate the provision of, the Products and Services, including:
- taking and fulfilling orders;
- order and delivery tracking;
- payment processing (including credit card authorisation);
- identification verification;
- distribution of communications; and
- gift card production;
- provide customer service (including operating our customer service centres);
- conduct market research and analysis;
- provide marketing services; and provide information technology services.
We may disclose your personal information to corporate clients for whom we operate Programs (that you are member or customer of) to allow them to administer and manage their Programs, support their Program members or customers, and review and report on the use of their Programs. In some circumstances, this may also require us to disclose your information to related bodies corporate of our corporate clients and third-parties that provide services to our corporate clients in connection with the administration and management of the Programs.
We also disclose your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, including to:
- relevant law enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities; and
- banking institutions in the course of investigating suspected fraudulent activity.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on your computer or mobile device. This website and associated websites (including those you reach by clicking on any advertising) may store cookies on your web browser. The main reasons we store cookies are to:
- improve your website browsing experience. For example, to remember your search criteria so you don't have to re-enter them to do multiple searches and to remember your site preferences for your next visit to the site;
- gather statistics on site usage. For example, page views and drop off points so we can monitor site usage and make improvements to site usability; and
- enable us to present customised and appropriate messages.
We Hold Information and Keep it Secure
We hold your personal information in a combination of hard copy and electronic files. We use third party information system providers who may store or may have access to your personal information.
We may combine personal information we receive about you in connection with one of our Products or Services with other information we hold about you in connection with that particular Product or Service. This includes information received from our corporate clients in respect of a Program we operate on their behalf. However, we do not combine personal information we receive about you in connection with one of our Products or Services with other information we hold about you in connection with a different Product or Service. When you make a purchase, order or booking, or access your online account, a secure server is used. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypts the information you send through this website.
Disclosure of Information Overseas
In the course of providing our Products and Services, we may disclose your personal information to following parties located overseas:
- If you are located overseas, corporate clients and their related bodies corporate located overseas who provide their Program to you. These corporate clients may be located in the country you reside.
- Third party suppliers located overseas who assist us in providing goods, services and gift cards (including delivery). If you order goods, services or gift cards:
- for delivery in Australia or New Zealand, these parties may be located in either Australia or New Zealand; and
- for delivery in a country other than Australia or New Zealand, these parties will be in the country in which the goods are to be delivered.
Access & Correction of Information About You
If you would like to request access to, or correction of, your personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details in the section titled 'Our Contact Details'
We will provide you with access to the information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception that applies under the Australian Privacy Principles.
We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information. However, we will not charge you for the making of the request or to correct or update your personal information.
Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with within a reasonable time.
If we refuse to provide you with access to, or correct, the information, we will notify you of our reasons for refusal to the extent required and how you may complain about the refusal.
Where you have one, you can also update your information via your online account.
Privacy Complaints and Further Information
If you have a concern about your privacy or a query on how y-our personal information is collected or used, please contact us using the details below.
We will respond to your query or complaint within a reasonable time.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.